Thursday, March 02, 2006

Animation school animations!

Here's a few pencil tests. The Droopy is a head rotation, then an expression change, then a lip sync to our teacher saying "meow". The middle is a walk cycle featuring the star of stage and screen, Steve Martin. The last one is a ball and tail actin' all ball and tail-ish. Seeing all these drawings I did running at 24 frames per second reminds me of something I heard on Beavis & Butthead years ago. They were making their own short animated films, and Butthead, wizzened old soul that he was told Beavis something that will stay with me forever: "If you wanna have like, the coyote fall off the cliff, you gotta draw like, a THOUSAND coyotes falling off the cliff!" Truer words were never spoken!





3 comments:

WIL BRANCA said...

Nice work!

Jinny Liang said...

I really like your animations Brock~~ I think your head rotation animation is one of the best ones I've seen from our year =) Keep up the great work man ^o^!!

Mitchel Kennedy said...

Are you a Tex Avery fan!? Jesus man, your animation is so classic! I feel comfortable and refreshed.